Brazil Match in St Petersburg

Russia World Cup 2018: St Petersburg

On 24 February 2022, Russia launched an unprovoked, large-scale military invasion of Ukraine, its neighbour to the southwest, marking an escalation to a conflict that began in 2014 with the Russian annexation of Crimea and the Donbass. Stop The War!

The evening of the Brazil match in St. Petersburg saw Urban Orienteering take on a new level.

A friend gave me the name of a bar and said he expected to be there at 6.30. Now my friend will always be there, but he is always rushing.

Bar in St. Petersburg


The name of the bar was the only clue. You then have to negotiate the crowds after the match and find your way there. For me the easiest way would be to take the Metro and then walk to the place.

The twist was that, after reaching the bar I was then to spot his Finnish friend he was meeting.

I immediately replied "White hair".

Where's Aapo?


I messaged to say I expected to be there at 6.45. He was running late.

I arrived and soon spotted who I thought was his friend. Sure enough the person with the White hair was Finnish but the person I was looking for was sat next to him. Mission accomplished.

As I suspected my friend reached the bar late.

Russia Related

The Dark Side of Russia

Saransk to Kazan

Kazan to Moscow

Russian Hostels

© Soccerphile.com

1 Comments

Previous Post Next Post